Chuck Liddell weighed in under 215 pounds last week and earned $10,000 from UFC president Dana White.
It was all part of a friendly bet White made with Liddell to see if the former UFC light heavyweight champ could get back into fighting shape while he's deciding on whether or not to continue his MMA career. Liddell last fought close to five months in a loss to Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 97.
"I swore to god, the last time I saw him he had to be pushing 250," White said in the above video. "He's in total denial saying he wasn't; [that] he was around 230-something. There's no way he weighed 230-something, but he took this thing serious, and I got a little screwed on this because I didn't know he was going to be on Dancing with the Stars and he had to train to lose that weight."
As per the conditions of the bet, Liddell had to make 215 pounds by Sept. 15 and Liddell during his "official" weigh-ins (video at 1:25) -- held in his kitchen -- checked in at 213.2 pounds. According to White, Liddell was 238 pounds when they agreed to the bet.
Liddell has trained for around a month with professional ballroom and Latin dancer Anna Trebunskaya for Dancing with the Stars, which premieres Monday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts