According to a release issued by Spike today, the episode reached 4.1 million viewers, easily beating the previous Ultimate Fighter high of 2.8 million viewers for the Season 3 Ultimate Fighter finale in 2006.
On Wednesday night's Ultimate Fighter, viewers were introduced to Kimbo and the other cast members, as well as coaches Rashad Evans and Rampage Jackson. The show ended with a bloody mess of a fight between Jon Madsen and Abe Wagner, which Madsen won by unanimous decision.
The show allowed Spike to beat all of its competition, both on cable and on the networks, among the key demographic of men 18 to 49, including shows like The Jay Leno Show, America's Got Talent, Glee and So You Think You Can Dance.
It was the most-watched episode of any Spike TV original show, breaking the previous record of 3.4 million viewers for The Joe Schmo Show season finale in 2003.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts