LAS VEGAS -- This is the UFC 100 live blog for light-heavyweight matchup between Jon Jones and Jake O'Brien. The live blog is below.
Round one: Jones comes out southpaw. O'Brien looks for an early takedown but Jones shrugs him off. Jones uses his quickness early, dancing into range, landing a punch or kick, then getting out of O'Brien's range. O'Brien tried another takedown, but Jones sprawled successfully. As often happens when two good wrestlers get together, it's all standup. Close round but likely to Jones.
Round two: Jones comes out early with two big shots. O'Brien is the man coming forward most of the time, while Jones dances side to side and looks for openings. Jones hurt O'Brien with the same spinning backfist that he hurt Stpephan Bonnar with with when the fought. O'Brien tries for a takedown and Jones locks in a one-arm d'arce choke.
A good win for Jones, not for the victory alone, but because he finished the fight. Still unbeaten, it bodes well for his progression as a well-rounded fighter.
Winner: Jones via d'arce choke
Follow me on Twitter.com.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts