Carano will fight Cris Cyborg in the most anticipated women's fight ever.
The Carano-Cyborg fight has been talked about since the two became the standard bearers of EliteXC's women's division during 2008. Carano has been on the shelf since her Oct. 4 EliteXC win over Kelly Kobold. Since then, she's flirted with Zuffa in hopes of fighting for the WEC as well as conducting contract talks with Strikeforce.
Cyborg, meanwhile, returned in April with a third-round TKO over Hitomi Akano.
Despite being inactive for monthts, Carano has become hugely popular due to layouts in popular magazines like Maxim as well as her candid interviews.
Carano (7-0) and Cyborg (7-1) are both primarily standup fighters and would promise an action-packed bout.
Also announced for Aug. 15 is the rematch of the Strikeforce lightweight championship fight between Josh Thomson and Gilbert Melendez.
Although the company did not officially announce a venue, the event is expected to take place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts