He trained at Machida Dojo where Lyoto Machida's father ran for 2.5 months. While staying in Brazil, he contracted Malaria and was hospitalized in April, and he got kicked in the face by Lyoto and dislocated his jaw in the beginning of May. On the way coming back to Japan, he stopped by at Renzo Gracie Academy in NY and trained for 2 days. Ishii said, "Through training in Brazil, I conquered my fear of getting punches. I can see punches very well now."
As for his debut, he said, "I haven't decided where to fight yet, but I want to debut in 2009. I have to be a champion in the US and be famous. I am determined to be a Hollywood star."
He is going to train in Japan for a month. "I want to go to Russia or the Netherlands next. I want to train with Fedor Emelianenko."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts