Less than a week after Kim Couture pulled out of her scheduled May 15 bout against Miesha Tate at Strikeforce: Challengers, the San Jose-based promotion has found a more than suitable replacement. FanHouse has learned that Sarah Kaufman, 8-0, has agreed to step in on short notice to face Tate (5-1).
Kaufman last fought on April 23, defeating her opponent via second round TKO. In fact, all 8 of her victories have come via TKO.
When the news broke that Couture was pulling out of the fight due to "personal reasons," Kaufman wrote on the popular MMA forum, mixedmartialarts.com, also known as The Underground, that she would be willing to fight Tate on May 15 in Fresno, Calif.
"I'm sure you all know that Kim Couture pulled out of her fight with Tate," she wrote, "So I'm trying to step in. I hope this makes the Underground happy!"
The inaugural Strikeforce: Challengers event is headlined by Billy Evangelista (9-0) vs. Mike Aina (11-6-1) and airs live on Showtime.
Above is a look at an impressive June 2007 Kaufman victory over Valerie Letourneau in the now-defunct TKO promotion.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts