"I'll be ready to fight this Summer," Sakuraba said on Monday at the "DEEP M-1 Challenge 3rd Edition in Japan" press conference held at Sakuraba's Laughter7 gym.
Sakuraba had his left arm operated on last June and re-injured the arm in his Dynamite!! fight on New Year's Even. Sakuraba went in for another operation and is currently recovering.
Sakuraba turns 40 this July.
"I'm not thinking about retiring," Sakuraba said. "I want to keep fighting and have more great fights."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts