Yesterday we noted that Mir compared getting hit by Lesnar to getting hit by your sister. For his part, Lesnar scoffs at Mir's status as the interim champion, saying that his own win over Randy Couture -- and not Mir's victory over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira -- was last year's one and only true UFC heavyweight title fight.
"He won a make-believe belt from Nogueira," Lesnar said of Mir in an interview on HDNet's Inside MMA. "He is the former champion but there's no ifs, ands or buts about it. I'm the current champion."
As for the first Lesnar-Mir fight, in which Lesnar did some damage early but got submitted by Mir a minute and a half into the first round, Lesnar said he learned a lot from it.
"The biggest thing was that you've got 15 minutes," Lesnar said. "I had him up against the fence and I believe I was winning the fight. I made a rookie mistake and he capitalized on it. I'm looking forward to this upcoming fight against Frank. I'm a little disappointed that it got pushed back. In my mind, is Frank really hurt, or is he just scared? I think he understands the position I had him in, in our first fight, and I don't think it's going to change much in the second one, with a different outcome for sure."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts