UFC President Dana White opens his latest YouTube video with an apology for the anti-gay slur he used in the video he posted Wednesday.
The UFC frequently posts YouTube videos that show White going about his job, and every UFC fan knows that profanity is the norm from White. But the rant on Wednesday was well outside the norm. White used the video to curse out Loretta Hunt, a writer for Sherdog.com, for this article, in which Hunt cites anonymous sources criticizing White and the UFC. White also described Hunt's anonymous sources with an anti-gay term. The UFC later removed the video from YouTube.
Now White says, "I apologize for anybody that I've offended or hurt." He apparently does not, however, think he owes an apology specifically to Hunt. He didn't mention Hunt by name in the new video, but he did say, "I would never, ever maliciously attack somebody who wasn't attacking me."
Hunt told the Associated Press, "I stand by the story, it's accurate. His reaction, I think it's more of a distraction from the actual story about the UFC and the managers and what's going on with them. Me, personally, I don't want to get involved in this. I'm a journalist, and journalists, sometimes you do stories that people don't like."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts