I was just compiling my own list of the Top 10 bantamweights in the sport when World Extreme Cagefighting made the official announcement of the Torres-Bowles fight, and I think it's clear that they're No. 1 and No. 2 in the 135-pound weight class.
Torres has so dominated his weight class that he's usually considered among the Top 5 pound-for-pound fighters in MMA (I rank him fourth), while Bowles is undefeated and has never even gone the distance with any of his seven opponents. Their fight on April 5 should be a great one.
My full list of the top 10 bantamweights in MMA is below.
MMA Top 10 -- Bantamweights
1. Miguel Torres
2. Brian Bowles
3. Masakazu Imanari
4. Rani Yahya
5. Takeya Mizugaki
6. Joseph Benavidez
7. Atsushi Yamamoto
8. Manny Tapia
9. Chase Beebe
10. Masakatsu Ueda
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts