The worst of the three didn't make the TV broadcast. During an undercard fight, Corey Hill kicked Dale Hartt, and when Hill's shin connected, it snapped. It's one of the most horrific injuries I've seen, and I worry that the tall and lanky Hill -- a fighter I've always liked -- may never fight again. UFC.com has the video, but I urge you not to watch it if you're squeamish. It's really disgusting.
The second was a nasty arm injury suffered by Razak Al-Hassan, who inexplicably didn't tap out when Steve Cantwell got him in an arm bar. Al-Hassan's arm bent in a way that arms are not supposed to bend.
And the third was Josh Koscheck's knockout punch of Yoshiyuki Yoshida in the main event. Yoshida was out cold, and according to the UFC, he was carried out of the Octagon on a stretcher and then treated and released at a hospital.
Zach Arnold writes that more information should have been given during the TV broadcast about the injured fighters' condition, and I agree. MMA is a safer sport than boxing or football, but competitors do get injured sometimes, and when those injuries happen, we need to deal with them head-on, and not just close our eyes to them.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts