He began by saying, "First of all, I love the city of Japan," and it didn't get much better from there. I post this not to make fun of Kimbo (OK, maybe a little), but to make a point about Kimbo's contractual status with K-1 and EliteXC.
K-1 signed Kimbo as a TV announcer, but verbal gaffes like that serve as a reminder that he was not hired because K-1 actually wants him to work as a commentator. He was hired because K-1 wants him as a fighter.
But since Kimbo is still in contractual limbo with EliteXC, K-1 signed him as a commentator to get him on board in some capacity while he continues to navigate his contractual mess. Eventually, I expect to see Kimbo in the ring in K-1, and not in front of the microphone.
Video via MMA Mania.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts