FEG event producer Sadaharu Tanikawa says he will determine a punishment for Hari with K-1 rules director Nobaki Kakuda.
"K-1 is a sport, K-1 is not street fighting," Tanikawa said Sunday, according to the K-1 website. "We had the same problem with Bob Sapp in the past, and it's unfortunate it happened again yesterday. I was sitting ringside with Masato, and he was very angry with Hari's actions. This morning in the newspapers I read Hari's comments, he seemed unapologetic, and that is disappointing. We have rules, to fight in K-1 you must have a professional attitude."
2008 K-1 World GP winner Remy Bonjasky, who woke up with double vision after getting knocked down and stomped by Hari, suggests that Hari should be hit in his pocketbook.
"It's not me who has to decide what sort of penalty he's going to get, but I think he needs to be punished where it will hurt most, which is financially," Bonjasky said. "I think he will not do it again if he's punished financially."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts