The resignation comes days after Kim Couture, the wife of UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, got a restraining order against Beard. After news of the restraining order came out, a series of allegations of impropriety surfaced surrounding Beard.
Affliction released a statement which included the following from Beard:
"I would like to apologize for my comments that may have offended Kim and Randy Couture and Mr. Spira. I had a long-standing relationship with the Coutures and I was deeply and emotionally hurt by some of their recent business decisions. I have only the best of intentions for the success of the Affliction and Xtreme Couture clothing brands and understand that there are personal issues I must address."Getting rid of Beard was something Affliction simply had to do. The company was struggling as an MMA promoter anyway, and the way Beard made an enemy of the Coutures was threatening to end any hope it had of success in the field. Affliction still has an uphill climb if it's going to make money in MMA, but this is a necessary step.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts