"Yesterday after practice I weighed 224.5 and I would suspect that walking into the fight I'll weigh right around that," Couture said. "Early in my career [size] was a concern -- I don't think I was technically prepared to deal with the size difference. But I think I've developed. ... I think you just have to be a little wiser."
There's no doubt that Couture is a wiser fighter than Lesnar, but there's also no doubt that he's a smaller fighter. Lesnar has to cut weight to get down to the heavyweight maximum of 265 pounds, and he'll probably step into the Octagon against Couture weighing somewhere in the 275 range, for a 50-pound size advantage. That's significant.
And yet I think Couture, with his superior technique and experience, will come in with the right game plan and defeat Lesnar.
"I'm not ready yet," Couture said. "But I will be in about 10 weeks."
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts