How far past his prime? I asked the folks at the online betting site Bodog for the odds on the fight and was told that Kimbo will be a huge favorite when Bodog starts taking action next week.
"Our Bodog oddsmaker expects Kimbo to be about a 5-1 betting favorite when we open the line," said Richard Gardner, the manager of the Bodog sports book.
Kimbo has fought only three times and has yet to take on a significant opponent, while Shamrock is one of the legends of the sport. But Shamrock is a legend whose skills have diminished so much that EliteXC chose him for this fight specifically because they want Kimbo to fight someone he'll beat. Shamrock hasn't won a fight in four years and hasn't really looked impressive in 12 years. Even at 5-1 odds, I can't imagine many people putting money on Shamrock.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts