Torres said he expects to fight the undefeated Manny Tapia on December 3, he said he currently weighs 148 pounds, and has such a fast metabolism that he'd have a hard time moving up to a higher weight class, and he said he expects to fight WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber some day.
"I'm sure it's going to have to happen eventually," Torres said of a Faber fight. "Whether we fight at 135, 145 or even a catch weight, it'll happen eventually."
I hope Torres is right that it will happen eventually. A Torres-Faber fight would be a tremendous stylistic match-up, and by far the biggest fight in the history of the WEC. My only question: Would the fight be on Versus, which is usually the TV home for the WEC, or would a Torres-Faber fight go on pay-per-view?
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts