It hasn't been the best month for Rampage Jackson. He lost his UFC light heavyweight title to Forrest Griffin in a questionable decision on July 5th. Adding to that insult is an incident in Los Angeles this afternoon which may throw his chances at an immediate rematch into some doubt.
TMZ.com is reporting that Jackson was arrested earlier today after leading police in a chase away from the scene of a hit-and-run accident near Newport Beach, California. When they finally caught up with him he was charged with a felony for the original accident and another one for resisting arrest. The Daily Pilot adds reckless driving to the list, noting that Jackson hit another car during his aborted getaway.
The kicker to the whole story is that even if he got away from the police, Jackson's efforts were almost certainly for naught. As you can see above, the car he was driving was a monster truck emblazoned with a huge picture of himself on the side. It wouldn't take Columbo to solve that crime.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts