The 36-year-old Calzaghe, who is 45-0 with 32 knockouts, plans to retire afterward. The 39-year-old Jones is 52-4 with 38 knockouts and has shown no inclination to retire.
For Calzaghe, beating an American legend like Jones in the final fight of his career would cement his status as one of the greatest fighters in history. For Jones, who will be the underdog, an upset over Calzaghe would establish that he still has plenty of life in him, three years after his three-fight losing streak left many boxing observers urging him to retire.
The downside of this fight is that if Calzaghe is fighting Jones and then retiring, that means he's never fighting Kelly Pavlik, which is the fight hard-core boxing fans want to see. But Calzaghe-Jones is the safer fight, the more lucrative fight, and the fight that is likely to send Calzaghe out as an undefeated champion.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts