"There's really no excuse, I don't think, to not make weight," Carano said. "There's no excuse. I just didn't make it and so I'm going to have to try harder next time."
Carano also said she agreed with her opponent, Kaitlin Young, that their fight should have gone on, despite Young's badly bruised face: "In guy fights, they don't stop it until it's cut," Carano said.
Carano said she expects to fight next in October.
UPDATE: Carano previously responded to my criticism in this interview with Dave Hollander.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- Nick Diaz UFC 158 Hoodie
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts