Carano weighed in at 144.5 pounds, or 3.5 pounds over the limit. Her opponent, Kaitlin Young, weighed in at 140.5. The fight will not be canceled, though. Carano will have to surrender 12.5% of her purse to Young.
I've been a supporter of Carano's, but this is totally unacceptable. If she can't make weight for the biggest fight in the history of women's mixed martial arts, she's not dedicated enough to her sport.
All of the other fighters on the EliteXC card made weight. In the main event, Kimbo Slice weighed in at 235.5 and his opponent, James Thompson, weighed 257.
EliteXC weigh-in results: MMA Mania, MMA Frenzy.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts