Murray lost that fight by decision, and going the distance with Silva is an impressive feat, even though the decision was unanimous and the stats at Fight Metric say the fight wasn't very close.
But then Murray did something that will forever overshadow what he did in his short MMA career, which included an appearance at UFC 46: He orchestrated the largest cash heist in history.
There's a great article in this week's Sports Illustrated by L. Jon Wertheim that profiles Murray and explains the crime he committed, the Securitas depot robbery in Kent, England, which netted Murray and his accomplices more than 53 million pounds in cash, or about $100 million.
Murray fled England when his accomplices were caught and is currently in a Moroccan prison; his father is Moroccan, which automatically makes him a Moroccan citizen, and whether he'll be extradited to Great Britain is a matter of some dispute between the Moroccan and British governments. But what is clearly true is that Murray's MMA career is over. Wertheim's story is a great chronicle of his rise and fall.
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts