Simply put, Tony is fighting on nine days notice because it's part of his chosen profession. Tony was preparing to fight again in late November but, when Trevor Prangley went down he decided to seize the opportunity. Excitement and jubilation is not how I would describe Tony's state of mind. Workmanlike would be a more accurate depiction. Tony says he's prepared to fight Ivan Salaverry where ever the fight goes. He thinks Ivan is a worthy opponent and he looks forward to a war.
We will have Tony's "Getting to Know?" feature at a later date.
With Tony not around as planned I decided to contact the man of the hour, Patrick Cote. There may have never before been a fighter that has seen their stock rise so quickly before ever actually stepping into the octagon. Fighting in the prelims and fighting in the main event against Tito Ortiz isn't exactly the same thing. Amazingly, Patrick does not seem phased.
Patrick Cote declares "I am on a quest to shock the world. Tito Ortiz proved that he has no chin in his last fight with Chuck Liddell. Tito doesn't realize that he is about to face a guy with Dynamite in his right hand? If he thought Chuck hit hard, he's in for a rude awakening. I know Tito is afraid to standup with me, but what Tito doesn't know is that I am not afraid to hit the ground with him! Just in case Tito becomes brave and does choose to stand up with me, my right hand will be on standby. I'm going to make this my show, not his."
Here are some questions that may better describe the person Patrick Cote is:
1) WHICH CDs ARE MOST OFTEN IN YOUR CD PLAYER?
2) WHAT MOVIE HAVE YOU WATCHED THE MOST TIMES?
A Night at the Roxbury.
3) RATE YOUR COOKING ABILITIES ON A SCALE OF 1 to 10
4) DID YOU IMAGINE YOURSELF DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING NOW?
Yes for sure.
5) FAVORITE SPORT/HOBBY ASIDE FROM MMA?
I play a lot of golf.
6) WHAT TIME DO YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT?
7) FAVORITE DRINK?
8) WHAT WAS THE FIRST NICK NAME ANYONE EVER GAVE YOU?
9) IF YOU COULD HAVE A 10 MINUTE CONVERSATION WITH ANY HISTORICAL OR PRESENT FIGURE WHO WOULD IT BE?
10) IN YOUR OPINION, WHO IS THE HOTTEST CELEBRITY?
Next week we will feature Stephen "the fight professor" Quadros. Stephen will break down Wanderlei Silva versus Quinton Jackson part II. In Stephen's words, "this is the best rivalry in MMA and the most highly anticipated match-up of 2004".
Latest From MMA Warehouse
- Cain Velasquez UFC 160 Walkout Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Photo Shirt
- Vitor Belfort UFC on FX 8 Cornerman Shirt
- Chael Sonnen UFC 159 Walkout Shirt
- Henderson UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- Nate Diaz UFC on FOX 7 Walkout Shirt
- GSP UFC 158 Walkout Shirt
- UFC Walkout Clothing
- More: MMA Clothing | MMA Gear | MMA Shorts | MMA Gloves | MMA Shirts